Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Gatlinburg with Papaw and Mamaw

The last week in July, we were all able to go to Gatlinburg, TN for a vacation with Dustin's Mom and Dad. It was very exciting that Dustin had a whole week off...doesn't happen often! We had a great, relaxing vacation. We spent some time in the National Park, playing in the water and looking for pretty rocks (Dustin, Tamara and I also played around with our cameras).

Another thing that we did was go to Dollywood...I hadn't been to Dollywood in about 20 years (That makes me feel quite old). A lot has changed, but much has stayed the same as well. They had some great roller coasters--which Reagan loved, but they also had some of the old rides that I remember riding when I was a little girl. It brought back happy memories, and we were able to make some new memories as well. Here are a few pics from our trip.


Up in the loft of an old cabin that we found on one of our scenic drives.

Kyleigh and Daddy

Ethan and Daddy

Reagan and Daddy

I'm not sure why, but I just really like this picture.

What you can't see in this picture, is Ken on a platform with a water sprayer of his own. Dustin and the kids got VERY wet, Ken...stayed dry!

Ethan and Papaw on the Ferris wheel.

Kyleigh couldn't ride many rides, but she was content to ride the carousel!

Waiting line for a ride.

Kyleigh was sleeping, but Mamaw couldn't resist a photo spot!

Slightly cheesy, Dustin!

Our Family!

I wish that I could have posted all of the pics from our trip, but there were over 600 photos! We obviously went a little picture crazy!

1 comment:

Smith said...

Oh, what great pics, Sara! And in describing things - you told a story of your time there, and it was fun to see & read. Thanks for sharing. Hope you're all well.